What Is Shweet Letters From Home?


Hi I am Kassy and my Uncle Jamie is in the Army. Uncle Jamie is more like my big brother than an uncle because he lived with me and my family when I was younger. Uncle Jamie is a career solider, following in the footsteps of his older brother Orville. Because I know what his family goes through everytime he is deployed or set overseas, I decided that we needed to start Shweet Letters From Home.We are looking for military and reserve's families who need a little extra hand during the holidays. We are also looking for what we call Family Helpers; folks who will help make the holidays special for the families of our deployed soliders.While we are at it, we would also like to match up our deployed men and women with pen pals while they are away. My mom will be helping me with this effort, since I am in Cosmetology School and I work 2 jobs as well. My mom is disabled and deaf but she has taught my sister and I that what little we have, we need to share.This is just a small way for us to say "THANK YOU" to the men and women and their families for the sacrifices they make every single day. We've seen it with our own family members and we want to help others.If you want to help us out by being a pen pal, a family helper or know of a military family or solider send us a note to our EMAIL shweetlettersfromhome@gmail.com.YOU could make a huge difference in a life of a solider or thier family! Remember when you do something GOOD you will recieve 10 fold in return

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Come on lets help get these boys some Frito Pies for Christmas

Okay girls and guys! Seeing if ya'll want to help!  This is from one of my mom's friends! Lets help these soldiers eat Frito Pies for Christmas.

                          
"So, as you know Marshall, my son, is in Kandahar Afghanistan on the
airstrip at the old airport there. Where he is they don't have a
kitchen, stove, microwaves,etc. For Thanksgiving dinner they are
eating powdered turkey and canned yams that they are heating up in
solar ovens. All that they want to eat for Christmas dinner is Frito
Pies!!


We called Frito Lay and they pretty much said, uh we'll get back to
you!! Well, we haven't heard anything so my husband and I are taking
matters into our own hands. There are 100 soldiers where Marshall is
stationed and Marshall has 11 soldiers in his unit. So, my husband
and I got to thinking that we can fit the fixings of frito pies into
the large flat rate boxes and send enough food in each of the boxes to
feed all 100 of them in 11 boxes and send them to Marshall's unit!


This is where ya'll come in! We figure that to send two boxes to each
soldier in his unit would be $35 which includes the cost of the Flat
Rate shipping and would hold enough food for 10 soldiers to have two
to three servings of a Frito Pie with Hormel Chili, cheese, and
jalapenos.


We're also going to include a card with everyone's name who donated
and we'll take pictures of everything we do and post them on my blog.
If you can't afford the two boxes any amount would do. We need a
total of $385 and we've already gotten $222.00. We are not going to go
above the money we need nor are we keeping anything for ourselves.
If you want to help, here is Nikie Brown (my mom's friend's) email address which is her paypal address. You can send any amount even $5.00 will help to her paypal addy is nbrown@zozca.com. If you want updates you can email Mrs. Brown at nbrown@zozca.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment