What Is Shweet Letters From Home?


Hi I am Kassy and my Uncle Jamie is in the Army. Uncle Jamie is more like my big brother than an uncle because he lived with me and my family when I was younger. Uncle Jamie is a career solider, following in the footsteps of his older brother Orville. Because I know what his family goes through everytime he is deployed or set overseas, I decided that we needed to start Shweet Letters From Home.We are looking for military and reserve's families who need a little extra hand during the holidays. We are also looking for what we call Family Helpers; folks who will help make the holidays special for the families of our deployed soliders.While we are at it, we would also like to match up our deployed men and women with pen pals while they are away. My mom will be helping me with this effort, since I am in Cosmetology School and I work 2 jobs as well. My mom is disabled and deaf but she has taught my sister and I that what little we have, we need to share.This is just a small way for us to say "THANK YOU" to the men and women and their families for the sacrifices they make every single day. We've seen it with our own family members and we want to help others.If you want to help us out by being a pen pal, a family helper or know of a military family or solider send us a note to our EMAIL shweetlettersfromhome@gmail.com.YOU could make a huge difference in a life of a solider or thier family! Remember when you do something GOOD you will recieve 10 fold in return

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WOW He's off again

I came home  from work last night to see my mom sitting in the recliner sewing and crying. First it scared me, when I realized it was that time again. My Uncle Jeremy ( or Jamie) who is really more like my big brother is headed back to Iraq. I thought we might get to see him this time between his trips to the war but we live to far away from where he is stationed. He is lucky that he is in NY so Adriana and the kids can be close to her parents while he is away. I really miss him and hopefully in December I will get to see Adriana and the kids. Can't wait to see Bella in person her pictures are so cute.

When he gets settled in Iraq he is going to be sending me names and address to others in his unit and soldiers that need some cards and letters from home. Please keep our soldiers in your thoughts and prayers and bring home my Uncle Jeremy save and sound.

We hope you will follow us here and share your stories with others. If you would like to add a soldier to our list or would like to adopt a soldier or one of their families please drop me a note at shweetlettersfromhome@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Kassy~
    Girl I am with you! Your mamma has all my info. You keep me posted on what ever I can do to help!
    I'll post about your new blog on mine too

    so proud of you for giving back like this!
    hugs~
    angie

    ReplyDelete