What Is Shweet Letters From Home?


Hi I am Kassy and my Uncle Jamie is in the Army. Uncle Jamie is more like my big brother than an uncle because he lived with me and my family when I was younger. Uncle Jamie is a career solider, following in the footsteps of his older brother Orville. Because I know what his family goes through everytime he is deployed or set overseas, I decided that we needed to start Shweet Letters From Home.We are looking for military and reserve's families who need a little extra hand during the holidays. We are also looking for what we call Family Helpers; folks who will help make the holidays special for the families of our deployed soliders.While we are at it, we would also like to match up our deployed men and women with pen pals while they are away. My mom will be helping me with this effort, since I am in Cosmetology School and I work 2 jobs as well. My mom is disabled and deaf but she has taught my sister and I that what little we have, we need to share.This is just a small way for us to say "THANK YOU" to the men and women and their families for the sacrifices they make every single day. We've seen it with our own family members and we want to help others.If you want to help us out by being a pen pal, a family helper or know of a military family or solider send us a note to our EMAIL shweetlettersfromhome@gmail.com.YOU could make a huge difference in a life of a solider or thier family! Remember when you do something GOOD you will recieve 10 fold in return

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Please remember the forgotten ones..The Silent Ranks

The Silent Ranks

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.

But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen.

I have no rank upon my shoulders. salutes I do not give.

But the military world is the place where I live.



I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.

But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget.

I'm not the ones who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.

But my job is just as tough. I am the one that's left behind.




My husband is a patriot, a brave prideful man

and the call to serve his country, not all can understand.

Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.

My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.



I love the man I married. Soldiering is his life.

But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Military Wife.

I don't know who wrote this buy my mom received it today among some others that I will be posting on here in the days to come please keep my Aunt Adriana and the other families left behind in your thoughts and prayers. It is so hard to be a family member of someone who chooses to give their all for our country. They all need our prayers ..no matter what you think about the war.
Thanks
-sassy kassy

No comments:

Post a Comment