What Is Shweet Letters From Home?


Hi I am Kassy and my Uncle Jamie is in the Army. Uncle Jamie is more like my big brother than an uncle because he lived with me and my family when I was younger. Uncle Jamie is a career solider, following in the footsteps of his older brother Orville. Because I know what his family goes through everytime he is deployed or set overseas, I decided that we needed to start Shweet Letters From Home.We are looking for military and reserve's families who need a little extra hand during the holidays. We are also looking for what we call Family Helpers; folks who will help make the holidays special for the families of our deployed soliders.While we are at it, we would also like to match up our deployed men and women with pen pals while they are away. My mom will be helping me with this effort, since I am in Cosmetology School and I work 2 jobs as well. My mom is disabled and deaf but she has taught my sister and I that what little we have, we need to share.This is just a small way for us to say "THANK YOU" to the men and women and their families for the sacrifices they make every single day. We've seen it with our own family members and we want to help others.If you want to help us out by being a pen pal, a family helper or know of a military family or solider send us a note to our EMAIL shweetlettersfromhome@gmail.com.YOU could make a huge difference in a life of a solider or thier family! Remember when you do something GOOD you will recieve 10 fold in return

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We have an Address for Uncle Jeremy stationed in Iraq

My Uncle Jeremy who is more like my big brother is now in Iraq. I have his address and he would love to be able to hand out letters and care packages to those in his unit and area that don't get any letters from home. Sadly many of our service men and women have no one writing them or sending them care packages from home. My Uncle Jeremy's address is

SSG Keeton, Jeremiah



HHC, 2BCT, 10MTN Div


FOB Hammer


APO-AE 09308
 
The Post Office here in the States has flat rate priority boxes that you can pack with items for a service man or women and they will ship it to them for a reduced fee. Letters and Holiday Cards are welcomed! Uncle Jeremy said music is something that everyone of them loves to get cause they don't get the updated music in Iraq.
 

This was a long while ago when Uncle Jeremy left our house to join the Army but you can tell from the picture how proud my sister and I are of him! He is in our heart and we want to help others.

Just think about what it would be like to be across the world from your family and how lonely it must be. You are there with your unit and they are a family of sorts but your wife, husband, kids, mom and dad ...FAMILY are back home in the states and all you have is a picture ...IF THAT.  Please help keep our service men and women positive and let them know you care about THEM. Don't have to agree or disagree about the War, this is about the men and women serving our country.
Please positive only notes and NO BASHING! Uncle Jeremy will screen letter that come in as he doesn't want to pass anything negative to his unit and others serving our country.
 
Thanks and lets fill up his mail box!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kass~
    come by and get an award from my blog.. maybe we'll get the word out about this great thing you are doing here
    hugs~
    angie

    ReplyDelete